“What is the shape of your face?” It’s an age-old question.
For the longest time, even I didn’t know what the shape of my face was. But, with the help of a few determining factors, I was able to figure it out.
Knowing what the shape of your face helps a lot when you apply makeup, get haircuts, buy glasses, or basically do anything that involves your face. Curious to know what yours is? Well then, what are you waiting for? Dive right in!
How To Determine The Shape Of Your Face?
When you’re trying to figure out the shape of your face, you must take into consideration these pointers:
• The widest part of your face.
• The shape of your jaw.
• The length of your face.
Find The Widest Part Of Your Face
• Forehead: If your face is the widest at your forehead and slowly gets more angled towards your chin, you probably have a heart-shaped face. This is also called the inverted triangle.
• Cheekbones: Is your face widest near your cheekbones? Then, in this case, you have a diamond face shape.
• Jaw: You have a triangular or pear face shape if your jaw is the widest point of your face.
• Equal: If your forehead, cheekbones, and jaw are all equal, then the chances are that your face shape could be either oval, square or round.
To find out more about your face shape, keep reading!
The Shape Of Your Jaw
• Pointy: You have a heart-shaped face if your chin is angled and you can clearly see your jaws meeting at a distinctive point.
• Square: If you have a strong wide jaw, you probably have a square-shaped face. Sometimes, when the jaw doesn’t appear to be that strong, you could also be a diamond face shape or triangle.
• Round: When you have a rounded jaw, you probably have an oval or a round face shape.
The Length Of Your Face
• Short: A simple way to determine the length of your face is to draw an imaginary line horizontally below the eyes and vertically from the top of your head through the nose and towards the chin. If the horizontal to vertical ratio is one to one, then you have a round face.
• Average: Average faces are usually longer than they are wide, so if the horizontal to vertical ratio is one to one and a half, that’s the average shape. This is also what the majority of people have.
• Long: If you have a longer than average lower half, then it’s most likely that you have a long face. This means that the horizontal to vertical proportion is one to more than one and a half. You may fall into the oblong category.
Now that you know the various factors that will help you determine your face shape, let’s check out the different types of face shapes, shall we?
Different Types Of Face Shapes
You should have a fairly rough idea by now about your face shape, but if you still need a little more clarity, you can get some insight to be sure, so keep reading!
An oval shape is a longer version of the round face. Your chin still stays rounded, but the length of your face is more than the width. Your forehead is probably the widest part of your face.
Rectangle (OR Oblong) Face Shape
This can also be known as an oblong face shape. The only difference between a rectangular face and an oblong face is that an oblong face is slightly less angled. It follows the same basic rectangular shape though. You have a rectangular face shape if your forehead, cheeks, and jawline are nearly the same width. The chin is only slightly curved.
You have a round face when the vertical to horizontal ratio is equal. The majority of your features are soft and rounded. You also probably have a round chin. Your cheeks are the widest part of your face, which gives it that rounded shape.
Diamond Shaped Face
Women with diamond-shaped faces will probably have high cheekbones and pointed chins. You might think that this could be a heart-shaped face as well, but not really. The main difference is that the forehead is narrower for someone with a diamond face.
Heart Shaped Face
The main characteristics of a heart-shaped face are a pointed chin and a wide forehead. It doesn’t really matter whether you have a widow’s peak or not. This face shape is also called an inverted triangle, because when you think about it, your forehead is the widest part of your face and the chin is pointed.
Self-explanatory, people have a square-shaped face if they have comparatively straight sides with minimal curve at the chin. They also have angled jaws. The face is also proportional. This means that the vertical to horizontal proportion is nearly one to one.
That’s about it! By now, you should have a relatively fair idea as to what the shape of your face is. All face shapes are equally gorgeous and there is nothing one has do that the others don’t!